Improbable Defense, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modeling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defense users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Technical Project Managers at Improbable sits cross-functionally with our Engineering teams. You will be accountable for the delivery of projects and effectively anticipating, tracking, and communicating both timelines and risks to the wider business.
Areas for Impact
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our government customers or industry partners for the execution of project deliverables
- Lead efforts to accurately scope and track customer requirements, with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and commercial opportunities
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for assigned project team(s)
- Create and implement process frameworks that enhance the output of our teams
- Collaborate with other Improbable TPMs to champion Agile principles and KPIs across the project management organization to improve our processes and the quality of our product
- Provide a clear communication and coordination channel between our engineering teams, customer teams, and partners.
- Identify and communicate project risks to program management, engineering, and division leadership
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- A mission-focused delivery mindset that drives you to go above and beyond for our customers
- Demonstrated experience using Scrum and Kanban methodologies to deliver operational software to government customers
- Advanced user of Agile collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional project teams
- Ability to collaborate with engineers at a technical level to understand and communicate impacts of material technical decisions
- Passionate about project management and delighting customers with high quality products
- High level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
- Advanced critical thinking skills to proactively implement solutions to project issues or arm relevant stakeholders with data necessary to make informed decisions
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships to effectively manage expectations and champion the Improbable value proposition
- Experience managing software or product delivery within the US Department of Defense or Intelligence Community
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!