Improbable Defense, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modeling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defense users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Technical Product Manager in Defense at Improbable, you will drive the growth of components within our best-in-class simulation platform. You will gather and synthesize detailed feedback from potential and existing customers, as well as work with simulation and modeling partners and consultancies, to define elements of the product roadmap and functional requirements for real-world applications built and run on Improbable’s technology.
Areas for Impact
- Develop and continually refine the vision and value proposition for components of the platform
- Champion the platforms’ customers internally and create a tight feedback loop with internal engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Lead market research and position conversations to ensure viable product components and balanced growth opportunities
- Define and document product requirements and roadmaps for execution and sales, collaborating with cross-functional teams for every stage of product development
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- You have production experience shaping products for a Developer persona (APIs, SDKs, etc.) and understand the pain points common to a Developer experience.
- You have experience using data-driven decision making in the product prioritization and development process.
- You have experience as the subject matter expert on a highly technical product and can effectively communicate specifications and benefits to less technical colleagues.
- You have a number of years experience working directly with the US Federal market (including delivering products and services to the US Defense and National Security community).
- You have technical competence and understanding of deploying applications on *aaS.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!