Improbable Defense, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modeling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defense users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
...is to use your experience to lead and grow a small team of engineers building components of our software platform, helping to shape our collective future through career development, mentoring, coaching, and performance management, hiring, and onboarding.
Areas for Impact
- Your primary role is to manage, develop, and grow your team. Overall, you’re responsible for the productivity and happiness of your team, continually optimizing to get the best out of them while successfully building and delivering product components.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, User Experience Researchers, and Delivery Managers to ensure your team is building a product that delights your customers. You must have experience with the complexities involving software design and architecture and the ability to make good prioritization decisions.
- We want to build a positive team culture where you're supporting colleagues and empowering them to grow as technical leaders and people. The work that you enable your team to deliver on time and to roadmap will ultimately have an impact on the vision of Improbable itself.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- 4+ years experience with growing and managing a team of 5 engineers or more.
- Proven experience managing teams delivering software in a complex environment such as the Federal government
- Real passion for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
- A diverse background in software and/or systems engineering.
- Comfortable coding in at least one mainstream programming language (even if it is not one that Improbable uses). Although this is not a hands-on engineering role, your experience building products will be beneficial.
- Highly developed technical and people skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!