Improbable Defense, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modeling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defense users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As an Account Executive within the U.S. Federal Business Development Team, you will create and capture opportunities that enable the widespread adoption of Improbable’s platform as the de facto enabling technology for full spectrum synthetic training and planning across the Department of Defense.
Areas for Impact
- Using your experience in Defense technology market-making and business capture, you will source, shape, qualify, shepherd, and win top opportunities in the Defense sector.
- You will simultaneously lead multiple opportunities across the complex sales cycle from opportunity identification to contract award.
- You will present differentiated technology and business solutions to prospective clients and industry partners at both the executive and end-user level.
- Your capture strategies and client engagements will reflect your disciplined, comprehensive approach that includes win strategies, discriminators, competitive analysis, and teaming strategies that you have developed and that balance program risk and reward.
- Using your experience in forming strategic partnerships, you will work with prime contractors, teaming partners, subcontractors, third party and Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources to develop winning solutions that appropriately balance and integrate technologies, processes, delivery organizational structures, staffing, schedules, pricing, and incentives.
- Although your primary focus is new account acquisition, you will also lend your Defense industry experience to support existing Improbable Defense project teams with account management (in-account growth, contract modifications, meeting facilitation, managing prime and customer expectations, etc.).
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Experience growing early stage defense technology organizations from early traction through rapid growth, preferably while building a partner and platform ecosystem around a product/offering.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across disciplines (delivery, product, engineering, marketing, etc.) with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding and speak articulately about our product’s unique selling propositions.
- Relationship builder with the ability to connect with our potential U.S. Defense customers through a deep operational understanding of their mission needs for modeling, simulation, and decision support capabilities.
- Deep understanding of the DoD acquisition process and successful track record selling enterprise software to Government customers.
- Previous experience partnering with Defense and national security community throughout the procurement cycle to share requirements and successfully deploy innovative technologies that impact mission needs.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!